Subscribe via iTunes : apple.co/2Zd51cs
Interview & Tracklist : https://bit.ly/2LBqZ6C
Guests are encouraged to explore a bit further into their collections with an opportunity to step away from the dance floor if they desire.
For the twenty second episode we welcome Feryne, a Hungarian DJ based in the Netherlands, and has been active DJing since 2005. She has played in many clubs and festivals in Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, Romania and France along with the Netherlands. Always keeping busy she has recently launched a new show StopContact on Open Source Radio along with constantly putting together some excellent guest mixes which are well worth checking out.
For this mix Feryne digs deep into her collection, she showcases modern breakbeats and electro that would suit a dancefloor as much as a home listening experience adeptly balancing energetic tracks and deeper cuts for the first show back after a few months hiatus.
1. Client 03 - Input Reflector [Astrophonica]
2. Syrte - 1815350400 [Science Cult]
3. Ryan James Ford - Six Stair [Sävy Records]
4. Mystic Letter K - Grokk [Mystic Letter K]
5. Upper Regions - Shadowy world (Lectro Code remix) [Self Released]
6. Nikki Nair - EXP2 [TRAM Planet Records]
7. Patrice & Evra - Baldoyle Cali [Yin Yang Label]
8. The Droid - Aggression (W1b0's Inclination To Fight Or Quarrel) [Crobot Muzik]
9. Alavux - MicroSattelites
10. Fa:act - Erased Brain [Rafale Records]
11. DeFeKT - You Have Time [International Chrome]
12. Serge Geyzel - Bass Check [Science Cult]
13. Dagga - Nasty (Feat. DJ Fuckoff) [International Chrome]
14. YTP - Rippin [Reality Club]
15. Terranigma - Deep Sea Oddities [Terranigma]
16. Sven K & Text Chunk - Perfect Shift [Kudatah]
17. Mazzula - North Wind [Self Released]
18. Mani Festo - 2L Turbo [Mechatronica]
19. DJ これからの緊急災害 - MODULAR GHOST SYSTEM (Jensen Interceptor remix) [Jupiter 4]
20. SALOME - Does Your Mother Know [Dual Story]
First I wanted to say, thanks for putting together this mix for Recreational Therapy.
What was the inspiration for this mix?
As always, when I’m making a mix I try to create something new, a short story which represents me, the state of mind I’m in. I take my time to select the tracks carefully and to put them in the right order.
How do you find the music scene in the Netherlands compared to Hungary?
Difficult question. There are some differences in the popularity of the different genres and styles. In Hungary drum and bass was always popular and in my eyes electro was underrated. Here in the Netherlands electro is more popular (as I can see). Also, there is a big difference in the government funding music organisations and events. In Hungary unfortunately there is less money for underground cultural organisations/events.
What has been influential for you musically in the past, and also more recently?
My dad’s love and passion for music had/has a really big impact on me. Thanks to him i grew up with progressive rock (Pink Floyd, Genesis, King Crimson) and attended a music school. Later on I always searched the company of likeminded people with obsession for music. I connected with drum and bass, later breakbeat and around 2006 I met my first true love, electro. The rest is history, I like to mix styles in my sets, the common ground is mostly the broken beats (also in techno).
What are you listening to right now?
Runners Club 95 - Good Time
Who or what is inspiring you musically and otherwise?
You can find inspiration in everything if you are open to it. One of most inspiring persons in my life (besides my dad) is my fiancé, who is btw an amazing musician (Eigenheimer) and walking music Wikipedia. The best thing I learnt from him is to be open-minded music wise. I must mention my sister too, she just opened her own yoga studio. Her focus and dedication make her my role model.
Where can we see or hear your next project?
I think when this interview is out the next ‘event’ you can hear and see me is at Open Source Radio, a new amazing radio station of our city, Nijmegen. It is the second episode of my show, StopContact. It’s on 24th of December between 15-16.00 CET.
Anything else you would like to share?
I would like to thank you for the invitation. I hope you will enjoy the mix! If you can please support your favourite musicians/artists/producers by buying and listening music on the right platforms. And if you are a DJ, please always share the tracklist as an appreciation for the people who made it.
Resident Advisor| Facebook | Soundcloud | Mixcloud | Insta | HearThis