Subscribe via iTunes : apple.co/2Zd51cs
Interview : https://bit.ly/2Q8sY0V
Guests are encouraged to explore a bit further into their collections with an opportunity to step away from the dance floor if they desire.
Episode number thirteen in the podcast series is from The Adapt. who is a UK based Polish DJ and Producer, heavily influenced by 90s Hip-Hop, along with breakbeat and modern electro. He has contributed tracks to several compilations on the Spanish Urban Connections label and remix via Abseits Recordings.
In this mix The Adapt weaves together an excellent tapestry of wild twisted bass lines, brain melting melodies, icy arpeggiators and distorted broken beats.. Tune in and turn it up loud!
1. Lucrecia Dalt - Axis Excess (Animistic Beliefs Remix) [Self Released]
2. Maelstrom - CRFT [ZONE]
3. Jensen Interceptor & Assembler Code - The Repo Man [Unknown to the Unknown]
4. Steve Murphy - Ray Gun [Lobster Theremin]
5. Jensen Interceptor - EM Damage [Who’s Susan]
6. Anthony Rother - Tokyo Principal [PSI49NET]
7. Go Nuclear - Teknotek Bass [Bass Agenda]
8. Cestrain - Speak & Spell [Mechatronica]
9. Carlton Doom - Necrodancer [Deep Sea Frequency]
10. Animistic Beliefs - Resequenced DNA [Cultivated Electronics]
11. Hydraulix - Krunk [Touchin' Bass]
12. Claude von Stroke - Maharaja [Dirtybird]
13. Nexus 23 - Transform (Beatprozessorís Dirty Bass Transform) [Bass Agenda]
14. Nematic - Pecular (John Selway Remix) [Tronic]
15. W1b0 - Pumpjack Four (Formshift Remix) [Bass Agenda]
16. Nexus 23 - Tone Physics
Well, through the 90's I was into Hip Hop to Breakbeat, Electro and Techno. First mp3's I've had on my PC it was Dave Clarke, Dj Hell, Dopplereffekt, Kraftwerk but it was always Techno/Electro for me, broken beats with that Techno edge. Nowadays really like what Assembler Code does, or Maelstrom also still every week listening to Dave Clarke's White Noise radio show, he is always on point i think.
What are you listening to right now?
Right now listening to Derailleur - Hydraulic Performer (Radioactive Man remix) great tune
Who or what is inspiring you musically and otherwise at the moment?
I think at the moment Electro is really healthy and i really like the way it is going, especially love when artists experiment with new Ideas and sounds not just classic formula’s and it is sounding very fresh and innovative.
What inspired your mix and where it was recorded?
Well i always prefer to play vinyl but there's a lot of great music getting released digital only so I've played a mix of tunes released digitally or I can't get on vinyl. It's a bit of a different mix then what I usually play, but there's so much good Electro releases right now.
Any upcoming releases or gigs?
I am working on a collaboration EP with X-Truder this is going to be something special, also working on tune for Various Artist compilation so stay tuned.
Where can we hear more of your music?
Soundcloud | Mixcloud