The concept is simple a weekly mix from the host Kiskelfacit and in some of the more recent episodes include guest mixes also, one hour mix of electronic music that is released prior to 1999.
"There's so much good music from this part of the musical world that only got pressed on a specific cd compilation or a twelve inch release and did not get wider recognition when released. I'm trying to find as many of them as I can and will be presenting them in hour-long mixes.
Some mixes will have more focused themes such as ambient techno, acid, bleep, electro, glitchy ambient, idm or detroit techno but most of them will contain tracks currently occupying my mind, regardless of style and genre."
The original artwork that compliments each episode is unique, two brains playing various sports in his unique style.
I was very excited to be asked to put something together to submit to the series.
I spent a good amount of time digging through my records and included a diverse range of sounds which hopefully blends well. Some of the records I included are the first I ever purchased, alongside some that I have only picked up in the last couple of weeks.
I highly recommend checking out the mixes if you are looking for something to listen to. Recent guest mixes from Erell Ranson, Derek Carr and Placid are well worth checking out along with Kiskelfacit's episode 5 which I really enjoyed.
- Steve Stoll - Surface Tension [Sm:)e Communications 1997]
- Claude Young - Wind Up [7th City 1995]
- XON - Dissonance [Network Records 1991]
- The Scientist - Spiral Symphony [Kickin Records 1991]
- Techno Grooves - Hiawa [Stealth Records 1990]
- Luke Slater’s 7th Plain - Orient [Superstition 1994]
- Graphite - Vibes [New Electronica 1995]
- MaX 404 - May the force be with us! [Eevo Lute Muzique 1992]
- Reese - Funky Funky Funk [Fragile Records 1991]
- Infiniti - Flash Flood [Tresor 1995]
- Patrick Lyndsey - Loony Loom [Harthouse 1996]
- Norken - P.Fox [REEL Discs 1997]
- Morgan Geist - Airpour [Environ 1995]
- Psyance - Gates Of Heaven [ Plus 8 Records 1992]
- Titonton - Metaphysical [Metamorphic Recordings 1995]
- Paul Mac - Something [Fragmented Records 1998]